You just can't keep a good leopard down!

I am sure that you all are tired of me quoting my mother (may she rest in peace).  But once again I am reminded of her sage advice.  Always use a GOOD leopard print as a neutral.  Although she never used leopard in her decorating, she was often seen in a silk leopard blouse peeking out from under a navy or black suit, a leopard trim here and there, even a leopard flat.  Mind you, she has been departed from this world since 1997!  In her day..in the south...this was really cutting edge.





When I had my first "big boy" house I HAD to anchor my sitting room with a leopard sofa.  Some hated it (including da hubby), some loved it, and from what I understand it lives on in a friend's man cave.  These days I made a deal with my other half to settle for some wonderful navy and camel cut velvet leopard pillows on a solid velvet sofa.  It's more like the leopard blouse peeking out of the suit....subtle with a statement.

Will leopard ever go away?  No.  Will everyone like it or understand how to use it properly? No.

Just remember what mother taught me many years ago, it's a neutral!

As always....xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts