Bridge Anyone?

Let me make it clear from the onset...I do not play cards.  It has nothing to do with any religious or moral issues...it just really bores the hell out of me!  


With that out of the way, how can I explain my 30 year obsession with collecting old bridge cloths?  These where typically (always) cotton and printed or embroidered in amazing retro motifs.  Occasionally, I would get lucky and score the matching napkins, as most ladies of the time would serve a light luncheon and then proceed to the game....bridge.



While emptying out the contents of the 100 year plus old building I own in the little town of my birth (Ayden NC), I ran across the box full of bridge cloths along with various other vintage textiles.  All of these have been packed (along with a huge moving van full of boxes) by Movin' on Movers (great guys) and brought to Raleigh.  I have decided to have all the bridge cloths except one (sentimental reasons) sent to the cleaners to be laundered and starched in anticipation for their new homes. 


Hopefully their new owners will make use of them, either in a decorative way or to use as intended!  Bridge anyone?

As always...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts