The New Lush!

I like to call the trend (a term I detest) the NEW LUSH!  Antiques and wonderful old things that have survived the shabby chic paint can frenzy or worse yet amateur refinishing are once again showing up in all the shelter mags.  When combined in a fresh way for a new generation these become modern and add "roots" to a home.



Having written numerous posts concerning this subject over the past few years, it gives me great pleasure to see the rest of the world catching on. Unfortunately, living in a growing metropolitan area that is playing catch-up with the rest of the world, I am still seeing alot of super modern interiors that have zero relationship to the past. I find it sad at auctions to see heirs selling off entire estates that took generations to collect for pennies.  Savvy dealers from across the country along with the occasional smartly turned out younger client are snapping up these bargains for their homes. 



The "country" auction houses now have live call in bids...just like Sotheby's!  I witnessed this several weeks ago.  Horror of horrors...is nothing sacred?

  
This brings me to my reason for revisiting this topic today.  I posted a comment with a pic yesterday afternoon about the "new lush" is coming on one of my FB pages.  A PR gal (one that I interviewed) posted "um....don't think so". Now she knows why she did not get the job!  I mean really...pick up a magazine...bless her heart.



Tip...I may not know everything but one thing is for sure...I can see and smell a "trend" coming from a county away.

As always....xx.DT

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts