Pray...but not just on Sunday.

As an Episcopalian I have heard most all the jokes...where four are gathered there is always a fifth...and so on.  I admit I am not a "cradle Episcopalian", but a cradle Baptist.  My great grandfather on my paternal side was Episcopalian, and marriages took the family tree to Methodist and finally to First Baptist (there is a difference that only true Southerners know).  Mother' family was Baptist, although hardly ever attended services.  
As my brothers and their children came of age we all left the Baptist church,which happened to coincide with a huge shift in the faith.  Some went back to the Methodist church and some went to the Episcopal church.  One went evangelical but we don't discuss that.
I appreciate I had the childhood training and nurturing of that faith, as certain aspects have stuck with me and helped me though life. Primarily an unwavering faith in the Holy Trinity and the power of prayer.
Also, I learned to walk daily in faith and that the God I worship has infinite power to make all things possible for those who truly believe.  I am one of those.  I do not walk around (like one in my family) professing the gospel to anyone who will stand still, am very leery of anyone who does, and feel that your faith is a very private matter between you and who or what you worship.  
On occasion, I may ask during a time or stress to be remembered in prayer.  I also pray for many of you...people I have never seen and possible will never meet.  It makes me feel better.  I believe in the power of prayer.

As always...xx.DT

Comments

  1. I am on the same page as you on this, DT. Keep the Faith, brother! RD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts