Agent on Duty

Yesterday I experienced two totally different ends of the buyer pool a Realtor possibly could in a single day.  I must say it made me stop and think for a moment....then I had a drink.  It was 6 pm when I left the office!
The first was a friend and repeat client.  She has a "surprise" on the way and is trying to decide (along with her hubby) whether to buy up or add on to their current home.  She is a very smart and accomplished lady and very wise to consult her Realtor for advice.  If they add the space they need will it add enough value to the existing home?  If not now, how long will it take the market to "catch up"?  Is now the time to swoop in and buy a large home and tweak it to suit their growing needs?  After all, her Realtor and friend is also a great decorator!  
The next call was a from one of our renters (we also have a property management division).  This gal wants a very small footprint, walkable (very important), and have a minimal impact on the grid.  She wants to live large in a small space.  I can help her as well because this is exactly the way I live myself.  I credit it to my NYC years of living in walk-up studios and one bedroom apartments!  If you can be happy in 500 S/F you are overjoyed to have 1500!
Such is the yin/yang of a day in the life of a Realtor.  You never know what will be on the other end of the call when you answer the phone with a cheery..."Hello, this is DT"!  

As always...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts