My Friend Betsy....

This is a post about my friend Betsy (I dare not say old).  We don't see each other often.  We keep in touch via social media or email even though we live only a few miles apart.  Such is life these days.


Betsy is one of those very "old school" gals who writes lovely thank you cards, uses the cutest expressions that no one else could pull off, all while looking like she just walked out of a sustainer meeting of the local Junior League (Bets loves her pink and green "doncha know").  A few of my favorite "Betsyisms" are "cute as ice water" and when in dire circumstances "Shit Marie!".  




A few weeks back she learned that all I wanted for my birthday were peonies....I adore peonies...only when they are in season...which happens to occur during my birthday!

Thoughtful as ever, Betsy started sending me an email every morning of a lovely peony photo with the simple message...OXO, Betsy.  


Moral:  It does not take much to make a lasting impression on a friend with a simple yet thoughtful gesture.  This special effort meant more to me than a truckload of peonies because it came from a real place...the heart.


Betsy...if you are reading this today, I want you to know the emails where a delight each day and "cute as ice water"!  

As always....xx.DT

Comments

  1. beautiful. there is an artist who creates giant, no make that enormous blossoms. her peonies are incredible.
    pve

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts