In a New York State of Mind

For about a year or so I have found myself thinking about what it would be like to live in Manhattan again.  I know...crazy!  It's kind of a reverse mentality!  Most people leave the city when they get my age!  The problem (or maybe not a problem) is that I don't feel like "my age".  



Having spent my formative years in Manhattan as a "child" from 18 to about 24, then back and forth for work for 12 years or so every month during the late 70's through the 80's, it gave me a taste for what the city was all about.  You know...when it was dirty and gritty and you had to fight to stay alive!  Now it is like Disney for bored rich people and celebratantes. 



I am so old and jaded that I still prefer the UES to Tribeca, the West Village to the East Village, and never would consider going to Brooklyn.  And Queens...that is what we drive around to get into town from the airport!



Anywho...a little pied-a-terre in Carnegie Hill may not be out of the question.  I would much rather have that than the typical Southern "place at the beach"...I detest "the beach"!  UGH!  It makes your clothes stink PLUS the sand takes a week to get rid of.  Y'all can have it...give me a townhouse view any day!



As always....xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts