LIVING LARGE IN A SMALL SPACE

Recently a reader asked if I would write and post more about how to live large in a small space.  I accepted the challenge!  You see, since I left "the big house" of my parents in my hometown I have always lived on small homes...cottages I prefer to call them...or when in Manhattan one bedroom apartments the size of my current home office.  This assignment was a natural.
The first and most important thing is that one must EDIT!  You have to develop the eye of a true curator of you own possessions.  Additionally, you cannot buy all the new fad items that are constantly bombarding you on TV...you don't have the space!  
Second and equally important is you must become highly organized.  Organized clutter is fine...as long as it is organized.   I like to have alot of stuff, but I must keep it organized and put away.  Otherwise, my cottage would be on an episode of hoarders!

I could go on and on about this subject but space does not allow. Perhaps we should revisit this on a weekly basis?  FYI...if you decide to downsize contact me.  I can help.
Yes... you can live a very LARGE life in a small space.  By no means must you sacrifice style...heavens no!  You just have to make a bit more effort at first then you will wonder "why did I need all that room to begin with?"

As always...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts