Bill and John and JB...All In One Day!

Tomorrow "da hubby" and myself will leave Raleigh and install ourselves in Buckhead for several days.  As this is not a vacation but a multi purpose trip, I am taking the opportunity to visit many old friends and make a few new ones.  Through the amazing connectivity of social media I have found it possible to become "cyber friends" with some marvelously talented people.  Bill Ingram, John Howard, and Jennifer Boles are the talents I am referring to.  My dear friend Angela Tripp Patrick (daughter of a Diva and a legend herself) has been the connecting thread as well as my source for everything new and fun and "of the moment" in the ATL.  Love you doll!
It was ATP that first told me...you HAVE to meet my friend JB! Well, we were like two sister's children from the moment we met. We even drive the same car...a 12 year old Mercedes wagon that we hope will last forever because we love them so much!  JB and ATP came up to Raleigh to help me open @homewithdt with a book signing for JB's marvelous new book, "In With the Old".  If you don't have a copy stop by the shop.  This will be one of those friendships that will last a lifetime, as we have such a mutual respect for each other's skills and talents.  I especially love to introduce new people to her  award winning blog...The Peak of Chic.  The added plus is that JB is so very nice!  A jewel of a gal as well as a walking encyclopedia of decorating knowledge.


 I first became aware of Bill Ingram through an article in some magazine in 2011 (they all look alike these days) and thought...I have to watch this guy.  In my opinion and in the opinion of many others, Bill Ingram is the most talented architect working today!  His passion for detail...simple but so right...never ceases to amaze.  I hope to entice Bill to Raleigh one day as soon as I find the just right spot to do a Bill Ingram designed project.  Actually I am very close, so be thinking Bill!  You may need to come up and cut a ribbon!




John Howard.  What can I say?  Perhaps the only landscape architect I have seen working today who has never done a project I did not LOVE!  To say he is talented is an understatement.  Our tastes and sensibilities are so aligned that it is a bit scary! Boxwoods...controlled nature...order...white gardens...classic elements, these are all hallmarks of John's work. A force of nature, no pun intended, well maybe just a little!  John, I am looking forward to picking your brain for ideas for my proposed walled garden.



If you do not know these three folks then you should definitely do a Google search.  I can guarantee each time you pick up a shelter magazine you will either see their work or work influenced by them.

I am past ready for this road trip!  As we say in this part of the South...journey proud!

As always...xx.DT 


Comments

Popular Posts