ROAD TRIP...OFF TO ADAC!

In my business I always get the same question year after year..."Do you go to High Point for market"?  My answer is always the same.  No.  It is an easy drive from my home (less than 2 hours), but I prefer the comforts of ADAC to the hustle and bustle of market week.  As all my work as a decorator is custom and High Point has little to offer me.  Besides, I can drive up and see the few vendors I work with the week after market when they can really work with me...one on one.
ADAC (The Atlanta Decorative Arts Center) has been my go-to for fabrics, trim, wallpaper, lighting...(everything I need basically) for more years than I want to disclose.  It feels like a homecoming when I walk into a showroom and am greeted by a friendly voice..."hey DT"!  An added plus is seeing friends in Atlanta (old and new) each trip down, which is why we drive instead of fly.  We need the wagon!  I have driven back to NC with huge rugs, chandeliers, pairs of lamps, and always a ton of the latest samples from the best fabric houses in the business.

This trip will be no different with the exception of including two special evenings.  One evening we will celebrate the union of an old friend and his partner (a new friend) as they commit to spend their lives together.  This promises to be a very special and heartwarming evening.  My dear friend was my first real estate client and has referred countless clients to me over the years. I would not have found success so quickly had it not been for his trust and support.  Another special evening I will be meeting some guys whose work I greatly admire.  Hopefully, I can convince Bill and John to do some work in Raleigh!  And as always I will see my best gal pals, Angela and JB.

With me there is always a bit of shopping involved, and "da hubby" is quite the trooper.  I see there are a few new spots in town since my last visit I am looking forward to checking out.  I expect AmEx will send a thank you card upon my return!

We looking forward to the work, the visits, and the festivities.  Watch out ATL...here we come!

As always....xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts