The Kitchen...is Grey the new White?

For the past seven years or so every contractor or builder worth a 2x4 has been installing white Shaker style kitchens/ baths. As a Realtor, decorator, and part time blogger, I felt it my duty to clue you in on this trend...the grey cabinet is becoming all the rage! I especially love them with simple (or not so simple) brass hardware! And please,don't be afraid to mix your metals!  That is soooo your mother.

I stumbled upon this a year or so back when I sold a cunning cottage to an adorable couple.  She of course wanted a white kitchen.  The cabinets were sorely in need of a quality paint job so I quickly called Javier (the best which is why you will never get his number).  As the kitchen was open to the rest of the living area due to a remodel by the last owner, the uppers were fully visible from the living room.  Egads!  I insisted we paint the cabinets the same color as the walls...Benjamin Moore's Revere Pewter...my latest "go-to" neutral.  I must say it was marvelous and they love it!


Fast forward.  A developer that I call my "brother from another mother" looked a bit perplexed when I suggested we do grey cabinets in a renovation he is working on (and thankfully listening to my opinion since I will have to sell it)!  He calls me a few days later to tell me the "cabinet lady" suggested grey cabinets and that I was right on trend. FYI...this extends to the bath as well!


 Imagine.  I have on been doing this for more years than you have been alive dear friend.  Muah!

As always....xx.DT


Comments

Popular Posts