CRAZY...WELL SURE!

If there is one sure thing a true Southerner can say it is that somewhere lurking in the family tree is a "crazy as a loon" relative.  In my family we have enough to share a few with y'all that don't have any experience with crazy.

You see, alot of people are afraid of crazy.  In our family we embrace it, display it, take it to church on Sunday, dress it up for functions, you name it.  A badge of honor so to speak. Often you will hear the old-timers whisper as you pass, "Ain't it nice how they dress her up so pretty and get her a shampoo and set once a week. The poor thing don't even know where the hell she is".

This is the kind of crazy that runs deep on my mother's side of the family, especially the materal side.  Grandmother Stocks was a nut case if there ever was one...text book example.  My uncle...text book example of schizophrenia. The good Lord only knows how much further it went back...it was not discussed in our household. Mother wanted to shield us from our own inherited crazy....whoopsie!

My father's side of the family is too damn stubborn and "hard boiled" to have any crazy (or at least admit it).  They just have heart attacks from trying to suppress it.  Bottom line is this...I have a 50/50 shot between a slab and the "rest home".

The moral here is this kids.  Embrace your inner crazy but keep it in check.  Prescription drugs are just great for this...just ask me! 

Besides, who gets a shampoo and set anymore?
As always...xx.dt

Comments

  1. Danny I love your posts here and on FB. You inspire me to inspire others, and for this I say THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I moved back into the homestead and the neighborhood where they all lived. So far no ghosts from the past. Hopefully, Mother is still acting as a protective angel from heaven. I grew up saying and pretending I did not know some of those folks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts