Sometimes it takes a sign...

At services last Sunday, a "High Holy Day", Pentecost Sunday...The young Reverend began her service speaking of signs, spirits, and how not all people are able to open their minds or sight to see them.  I immediately thought...she is talking straight to me!

I have been open to signs, aware of another dimension if you will, for most of my life.  Some people would call me jaded.  These people do not know me at all,  It is much deeper than just being jaded, bored, or having an "I've seen it all" attitude.  Please note...I am no brain surgeon or soothsayer.  I simply pay attention to signs, and I don't mean the ones that flash red, green or yellow.

This week I had a very scary sign.  It came in the form of a spike to my blood pressure.  This was no ordinary spike...it was at stroke level.  It involved and EKG, a series of tests, etc.  At the end of several days, it was determined to have been brought on by extreme mental and physical exhaustion, stress, add in a bit of depression and a heavy sprinkling of anxiety.  These are commonly called PANIC ATTACKS.

Well, I survived intact.  I have taken several days off where and when I could, and have had to re-think what it is important, enjoyable, and truly rewarding to ME.  Yes...ME!  There...I said it!  So many years of building a brand and business' and I was the one who got lost.  The special thing I brought to the table was disappearing and rapidly!  I have to go deep and find ME again.
That journey has begun in earnest.  I love people...I love to work, but only with people who appreciate the work and are genuine.  I love to bring something creative and different to the table each time I take on a client.  I love to be involved in helping to change people's surroundings and ultimately their lives, as we all long for a place to roost.  

I hope you...dear readers...will follow me as I rediscover me.  You can follow my journey on my Instagram page (@dannytaylorandco) or on this blog.  I will be giving up Facebook for awhile and all other social media outlets.  My Instragram automatically downloads to my personal FB page, but I will only randomly be checking in.  You may always feel free to contact me via this blog or an IG posting.

It's all good...change is good.

as always...xx.dt

Comments

  1. Hi Danny, please take care of yourself. We are all so glad to have crossed paths with you either personally or professionally. You lift my day when your postings are reminiscent of styles and patterns of what I have always loved as well as those embellished with today's trends. Your poignant thoughts and wisdom are inspirational when reflecting back on family and life's experiences. Thanks again for being true to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I hope you have enjoyed. Guess what...I have started a book...in earnest. One chapter almost done. xxdt

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts