'twas the night before Christmas

So many memories.  Too many to mention in this small venue, so I just will share one that come to mind.  Of course this involves my mother...surprise.



I cannot remember my father EVER shopping or purchasing a gift for any occasion for anyone. Maybe he did, I do not recall it ever happening during the years he still communicated with me. What I do remember is mother buying herself her own gift each year and telling his family and others that it was from him.  I was always the one that helped her choose the item.  True to form...these gifts varied between between a fur coat or jewelry or sometimes both..if it had been a very good year!




This is the only explanation why buying my own "Christmas" is perfectly normal to me!  Occasionally I do find it a bit odd but at least I get what I ask for! Unlike mother, my tastes lean toward cashmere anything, vintage LV, Cartier with some good antiques thrown in for good measure. This was a light year for me....one can only have so much!




Also...like mother...I never forget to remember those who are not as blessed as I have been.  Help those who for whatever reason cannot help themselves until it pinches just a bit.  It's the best pinch you will ever feel.

Merry Christmas....xx.dt

Comments

  1. Don't know how I missed this til today. I love the wonderful stories of your mother, her wisdom and class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Rose...God bless you dollface! You have no idea how much you have come to mean to me over the past years. Your are my rock. xx.dt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts