DT FINDS A MONEY PIT!

Oh...the curse of being born a dreamer!  

For some odd reason ( which I cannot logically explain) I have always dreamed of having a country home.  Not a "farm" mind you...although I would like a sweet cow named Ethel, but no chickens...they kinda creep me out!   Although I do LOVE a well designed coop though.  It's complicated.

Very close to our bungalow in University Park in the heart of  downtown Raleigh lies a little crossroads of a town called Dorches.  Preservation NC (a fine organization) has a gem of a house to be sold for only 10k!  It must be moved...gotta buy a small "gentleman's" farm... move it to a new foundation...then hemorrhage money until it could be made liveable.  Sound like a fun project?  The "other half" would likely take to his bed until it was all over...with good reason!

Take a look at the details of this Federal structure ca.1810.  All photos from presnc.org









I can hear it calling me to come to it's rescue!  Oh my...I am far too old for this...but that has never stopped me before!

As always...xx.dt

Comments

  1. Danny - are you gonna do it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am about over the Raleigh thing. A country house and an apt. in Manhattan. That's what I am thinking. xx.dt

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fabulous idea...That house is just loaded with beautiful architectural detail...I can only imagine what a showplace you could make it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts