Boxwoods and my aching back!

Our charming little cottage near downtown Raleigh has been a labor of love for the past 11 years. A few weeks back the new sod went down (for my NY friends this is grass that comes in rolls like carpet). As we all know in the design business, one thing calls for another, so of course the pansies had to come out of the window box and planters, the begonias went in, 6 new English Boxwoods on the west side of the house (very shaded), and I divided the hostas and the lavender plants. While I was at it, I planted the summer herb garden by the kitchen door....I highly recommend this location if you get the correct sun...so convenient!





Yes friends, I did this all myself! I must admit I did not lay the sod, but had a very nice young man from downeast come in and do the job. In these parts downeast means Eastern NC, and in this case it meant Beaufort County. If you were born in said county you are, were, or are related to an Alligood or a Woolard. If they inter-marry they are referred to as Wooligoods....he is a Woolard, but his sister is a Wooligood!

So back to how this relates to real estate...if you HATE yard work, do not buy a house unless you can afford a gardener. There are many lovely townhomes or condo options available, and for a monthly HOA fee all the work is done for you! You just drive in and enjoy!



Until tomorrow friends!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts