Things I remember

As Mother's Day approaches, my thoughts turn to all things Mother, and I remember so many seemingly unimportant bits of trivia. One of these bits is how when a lady in the South drove her car (Mother always drove a Cadillac) up to the gas pump, the fellow who pumped the gas would ask if the lady would like a cold soda. It was always brought to the car window and had a white paper napkin around it. I asked Mother one day why mine was served without one, and she explained that a ladies hands should never make contact with the bottle, as the bottle may soil her hands and the condensation would make them wet. I will never forget this, and to this day always wrap a paper napkin around my cup or can from the drive-thru! Silly....the things we remember.


And of course, she made the best chicken salad I have ever eaten...the secret was in the homemade sweet pickles. My brother and father think they can duplicate it, but they are sadly mistaken! Store bought pickles are for rank amateurs!

Until tomorrow fiends.

Comments

Popular Posts