Kill them with kindness

"A boy's best friend is his mother."
-- Joseph Stefano

I lost my Mother unexpectantly to a stroke in November of 1997. I remember that evening so well. I lived alone with my peke (Sable), and as per our usual had fallen asleep on the sofa with the TV blaring. The phone woke me up close to midnight...it was my Father..."come quick, it's your Mother, I have called 911". By the time I arrived the ambulance was backing out of the drive. She lived several days in a coma, and never returned to us. Within less than a week I had lost my best friend, my rock, my confidant.

I have told many friends that I have endured the worst possible situation one can endure, so every situation from here out is easy breezy. No worrys...the worst is over.

This is not to be sappy, but heartfelt and very true. When you lose that daily contact with someone who accepts you as you are, yet advises you to be all that you can be, it can be a lonely walk some days. Her favorite expression to all her boys when we had bad encouters with others was, "Kill them with kindness". I heard it thousands of times!

No single person can ever replace your Mother. If you are fortunate to have yours today let her know how much you appreciate her...despite any differences you may have. My prayer for you all is that you are as blessed to experience a Mother's love as I have been.

Until tomorrow friends!

Comments

Popular Posts