my favorite things

Today I thought that perhaps I would share some of my favorite things. This may help you all get to know DT a bit better!

#1...Thurston and Lovey Howell
As a kid growing up in a small town in North Carolina, I always wondered how Lovey and Thurston Howell III got all those clothes on that little boat! Furthermore, why did they have all that wardrobe for a "3 hour tour"? It has been said on more than one occassion that my personal fashion sense is one part Thurston, one part Gilligan, add a dash of the professor and mix well.

#2...anything Chinioserie
Many people think Chinoiserie is Asian, but you must know that is was the French fascination with China that produced the style we refer to as Chinioserie...so it is very French y'all. I have a bit of chinois in every room...from the lacquered boxes to the toiles in the guest room. Every traditional home needs a touch of chinoiserie, a touch of leopard, something black, and something gilded. There...now you know all my secrets!

#3...good friends and simple food
Good friends will stick with you forever...just like simple food. Moderation is the key to both...

These are a few of my favorite things...oh...and helping find, sell, and decorate homes for friends and kind strangers is another!

xx/DT

Comments

Popular Posts