The countdown continues...

Whew! Never have I seen the real estate market so busy in the month of December. My phone has seriously been ringing off the hook...which for a Realtor is "off da chain". I think that means good?

As we continue our countdown to Christmas, I do want to say once more that this "new" discussion about whether to say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays is rather silly. I have friends of all faiths and I use these both these terms as I see fit. 'Nuff said.

Today my favorite thing is books. I am obsessed with all kinds of books...from the oversized "pretty" books to cookbooks and everything in between. I also love to give books as a gift, especially when I know the recipient will love the subject matter.

This year I have been giving a lovely book written by the daughter of an old friend called "A House in the South".


Frances was kind enough to send me signed bookplates for each one, and I have given them as closing gifts when appropriate. Frances also has a great blog and writes for many shelter magazines. Please check her out at the link below.

http://www.francesschultz.com/

Another all time favorite book is by another Southerner...Bunny Williams. This is quite possibly my favorite book (ever) about a house...and I have many. The love just oozes out of each page...a lovely home and a testiment to what one can do to make a house a home.


I encourage you to consider the gift of a book this year...a gift that gives over and over, and is always memorable.

Until next time....xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts