The final 12 Days of Christmas

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

The old carol is a classic. The thing about tradition and classics is that they help us remember who we are...our roots...the people that shaped us into the individuals we are today.


My Mother has been gone from this life for just over 14 years. Christmas was her FAVORITE time of year...really! I mean the food, the gifts, and every decoration you could imagine....and it changed themes with the times. I still remember the unfortunate year everything was mauve and silver...not her best effort (I blame it on the florist).


I struggle each year as the day approaches, which is not how she would want it to be. I believe the strongest bond on this earth is between the mother and the child. As Christians, this is the event we celebrate each year...the birth of a Holy child...our Lord Jesus Christ.


So for me today's gift is twofold. One...the gift of a loving Mother who shaped my life in an amazing way. The other gift is the greatest gift of all...the gift of a Saviour.

Thanks be to God. xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts