Lighten up!

The dog days of August are upon us!  If you are like me, it is all I can do to brave the heat another day.  I am much more a Fall/Winter person...it's the wardrobe quite frankly.  Another day of this summer's uniform ....white shirt and khaki pants with my ever present Sperry's...is boring me to tears!

But this post is about lighten up...in your house.  Now is the perfect time to stay indoors, stay cool, and purge!  We all have our hoarder tendencies...be it books, that pile of papers on the desk, files, closets, etc.  Da hubby and me have been on a purge on and off all summer (I hope the Junior League appreciates the bounty).

Another way to lighten up is to refresh the house after the purge.  This may be just giving the trim a fresh coat, taking down drapes and adding shutters, or ripping out entire rooms (which is what we have done).

Whatever direction you choose, make sure you can finish the job.  Nothing is worse than the thought of a half done project looming.

xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts