Just a touch...of Leopard!

 Mother taught me from an early age that a touch of leopard was considered a neutral.  It was nothing unusual to see a scarf or silk blouse peeking out from a black or navy suit on Syble Taylor.  She did not live long enough to see me exit the fashion business after 20 years and go into designing interiors and then real estate, but if she had she would have loved the occasional leopard pillow or bench...even wallpaper in a powder room.  I especially love a leopard stair runner or rug in the right house.






Full circle.  When I first combined households with "da hubby", I had to have the sofa recovered.  We had 3 dogs at the time.  I took the plunge and covered it in a leopard fabric I found that was somewhere in between a chenille and a velvet.  I must tell you that although we no longer have the sofa, our friend Bud has it in his man cave and it still looks great.  13 years and going strong!  Now I am down to 2 navy/camel pillows in a cut velvet on the "new" sofa.  Another friend has her sofa covered in the same cut velvet in the red/camel combo and has raised 3 kids and a dog (plus a husband) on it.




So when you just don't know what to do for that special spot, or you need a pattern that will work as a neutral and still take a beating...go leopard...and always remember the little things your mother taught you!



 xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts