The calm space.....

For DT, the bedroom is not a place for color, pattern or crazy arrangements of art and accessories.  Although I have designed them in the past, I would never want to sleep in one.  It seems the rest of the world is beginning to agree.  I am seeing tones of ivory, white, cream and every shade of gray under the color wheel used in bedrooms.  Save the color and pattern for childrens rooms, guest rooms, or perhaps the beach house.




I just redid my mocha and cream combo master suite into an all white and ivory calm confection with very little color other than a bit of brown.  My inspiration was a bowl of Breyers ice cream with a dollop of whipped cream and a touch of shaved chocolate on top.  The cream and white marble bath was the finishing touch, and now I feel like I wake up in a luxury hotel every morning (even though our little cottage would hardly qualify)!





Check these pics out for inspiration.  And don't be afraid to mix your shades of white...it adds interest and dimension!

Sweet dreams/DT

Comments

Popular Posts