Setting the table...for Thanksgiving!

Many of us only use our dining rooms at Thanksgiving and perhaps Easter or other religious holidays.  When we do use our "formal room" it is an event!  As with any event an attempt to make it memorable is a must.  Today I thought I would give you a few ideas...both simple and formal...to get you thinking.  After all, it is just a few short weeks away.


I love blue and white china, and the pop is orange is just so DT!


As you all know...I am MAD for Plaid...especially a classic tartan.  Notice the wood candlesticks, brown charger, and horn handled flatware.  This is what I would want in my mountain lodge (if I had one)!


Love the brown and cobalt blue, but the feathers take center stage in this place setting.


Browns and greens, very traditional.  The old brass candlesticks and the silver flatware add a bit of sparkle. Many times you can find lovely old china in flea markets and estate sales.  Don't be afraid to mix and match patterns similar is color and scale.


This simple table is very easy to recreate with inexpensive white china and simple stemware.  The white runner and white pumpkins are easy to find won't break the bank.  Thanksgiving can get expensive!


For a large crowd it may make sense to take it outside!  For friends in the deep South and West This could be an option.  The year after my Mother passed we decided to do this and had a pig-picking for a huge crowd.  Occasionally a break from tradition is just what we need!

A wise man told me yesterday that if you can't sell the bacon sell the sizzle!  With these lovely table ideas no one will remember the food.  The dining experience combined with your effort to make it lovely will leave a lasting impression.  Don't forget,  the people around the table are the most important element of any celebration.

I need a nap just thinking about eating turkey and all the sides!

xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts