SHHH!...Politics and Religion

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. 
Thomas Jefferson 
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff389008.html#Iobvm3YhOjdBS6fQ.99 



Never could I have stated this any more clearly than President Jefferson.  His words bring to mind what we were always taught as young adults...never discuss politics and religion in "polite" society.  It seems to me that society in this age is far from polite, and some of the comments I have been reading on my Facebook wall are really quite shocking.  

This has turned into a very close Presidential race, and our country is divided roughly 50/50.  My opinion...this is a blessing in disguise.  Perhaps this will truly bring about a change, an honest discussion about how we are to move forward as a nation.  At the end of the day we all want the same things...respect, equal rights, a strong economy, and the right to worship as we choose (or not).     

Regardless of your political affiliation, today is your day to have your voice heard...via your right to vote.

DT

Comments

Popular Posts