Just say thanks!

How many times a day you have the opportunity to tell someone thanks?  The person who serves your coffee in the morning...the lady at the drive-thru window...the bank teller...a co-worker?


Sometimes a simple thank you can turn a stranger's miserable day into bearable...maybe even great.  It gives people a lift to think you acknowledge their efforts.  It doesn't take a huge bouquet of roses to make someone feel special (although one would be appreciated....hint).

Mother taught me to look for the one really great thing about a person then compliment them.  I try to do this at every opportunity.  Sometimes it will be as simple as "I love that sweater" or "That is a great haircut on you"...whatever it may be.  Typically every individual has something makes them special.  Find it!

So as you go about your day today stop and think how you can make someone else feel special.  I just bet you find that it makes you feel pretty special as well.

As always...xx.DT

Comments

  1. I always thank servers when they bring something to me - and I often get teased or chided for it - by others. I maintain that it is always good to give thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts