For appearances sake

Yesterday I was reading my news feed and checking my media stats ( far too am obsessed) when I ran across a lengthy post by a gentleman that I know and admire for his debonair style...yes...people in Raleigh NC have style...it is not exclusive to Manhattan, or dare I say...LA.


 This fellow had just interviewed someone to work in one of his companies.  The fellow arrived with many obvious and evidently a bit scary group of tattoos.  Enough in fact that although qualified, he did not get the job.  The young man got indignant.

Understandable...it is a new generation.  I remember in the late 70's I flew home for Christmas from school in NYC and Mother cried all the way home from the airport (but that is another post).

The point is every generation has it's own set of what is appropriate and what is not.  My Mother (RIP) thought that any woman over 40 with hair past shoulder length was an obvious harlot and not to trusted.  Frankly, for the most part she has been proven correct!  Hint:  maybe a bob is better for you dear.

The moral here...do what you wish to your body, but realize that you may be judged for appearances sake.

As always...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts