The Return of the Cocktail Ring!

Yes...I got it from my Mother...this love of all things sparkly and expensive!  She had literally drawers full of the stuff (not all real), after all, it was the 60's!  

I remember a collection of rings that she did not wear daily, such as her princess ring (diamonds worn on the pinkie), or her wedding rings.  These were big colorful sparkly things she called her "cocktail rings".  They were to be worn when going to parties or out to dinner or sometimes even for a club meeting.  The funny thing is Mother was a teetotaler (a non-drinker for you younger folk).  Do they even use that word anymore?

             
 When SST passed I inherited 2 of the cocktail rings.  After all these years I have parted with them, as I finally came to the realization that things should be worn and enjoyed and not locked away in boxes.  

Take a look at some of the cocktail rings I found for you today. They don't have to be the real real...they can come from the dimestore. But you MUST wear them like they came from Cartier or Van Cleef!

Bling is king...or queen!  xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts