Technology!

I am not one to complain too much, but this week "technology" has almost taken the wind from my typically full speed ahead sails!  Two weeks ago a gang of hoodlums hacked my debit card and starting charging calls from prisons, shopping sprees at Wal-Mart, and a hotel room at a Red Roof Inn in Santa Ana California.  Obviously the folks that I pay for that identity theft protection should have caught this!  They called me the last time I was in New York every hour!  "Mr. Taylor....did you just make a charge at Louis Vuitton....Mr. Taylor...did you just make a charge at Cartier"?  When they got the charge from Philippe Chow they called again!  Really?  Hmmmm?


Yesterday I get a message that my Google account has been "compromised".  I spent many hours changing passwords.  Now the I-5 will not speak to Google Gmail.  UGH!


I have a new assistant (very efficient) who does not know that I forget passwords as soon as I change them, plus I am too stubborn to write them down.  My former assistant wrote them down and kept a record of them all...including my bank info!  Needless to say, today we will have a training session, backtrack, and make an addition to the job description! I am sure Cherie can restart the conversation between my phone and Google and make them play nice again.

The man on the phone last night at 9:15 (after my nerve pill got washed down with a glass or two of wine) was very nice and polite (and so was I) which is kind of amazing at that hour.  I think it was the nerve pill. 



The moral here is that there are a bunch of lazy hackers out there that would rather steal than work, so lock it down...but remember your passwords!  Plus...I vote for a lifetime password that is like your fingerprint or something...don't you agree?  Will one of your 12 year olds work on that for me?

Oh...and if you or a friend need to buy or sell a house I do that much better than I do keeping passwords.  I just have to throw that in once in awhile.

As always...xx.DT 

Comments

Popular Posts