As Spring gives way to Summer....

This year brought a true Spring season in the South.  Mild temps, cool nights, low to no humidity, and no bugs (yet) made for a perfect and unusual season.  In about another week that will be a distant memory.  For me this is bittersweet....I don't tan, I hate short sleeves, and the only really good thing is that I hate to wear socks.  Whoever invented central A/C is my hero!




But summer does bring certain advantages.  My cottage is surrounded by huge very old Oak trees.  The only season they do not drop something (leaves, acorns, or tassels) is Summer.  My Hosta garden goes into full swing.  The Gardenias and Hydrangea bloom constantly all summer ( if you plant the right variety), giving me fresh blooms to enjoy...indoors! 





So for you folk that take off to the beach, the pool, plus all the other outdoor activities you have been craving for the last 3 seasons  of the year, this is your opportunity.   I find myself once again longing  for a summer rental in Maine...and so does Rosie!




As always...xx.DT

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts