To Flock or Not To Flock?

Flocked Christmas Trees...hmmm?  Messy...for sure!  Beautiful....absolutely, but only if done the right way.  What is the correct way to do a flocked tree you say?  There are several very lovely examples I just happen to have for you today. 







I can't believe I am writing this, but some of the best flocked trees I have ever seen have been artificial.  Mother had one back in the 80's that was a serious jaw dropper she used for many years.  It endured many themes (she loved a theme) but always and only with tiny white lights.  This was the days before the pre-strung tree. Of course she AlWAYS wrapped every package in the identical paper and ribbon to match the theme.  Our house looked like a department store window!  To this day I am amazed why they were so surprised when I told them I was gay!  Hello?

Now back to decorating. The tiny white lights seem to be the standard for any flocked tree.  The  lights (on a white cord PLEASE) give the proper illusion of "It's snowing outside and I just chopped down this tree and brought in the house along with the moon and stars" look.

Decorations on these trees need only be ornaments.  No garland required!  Also notice there are no heavy toppers on these trees as it could get a bit heavy handed.  Traditional (red and green) or icy (white, gold, silver) really will depend on the decor of the room.  You will note that one room above has two trees!  The more the merrier, but also notice that they are decorated very sparsely with pale green and blue glass ornaments.  This is definitely a "do not touch" tree vignette.  

So go ahead...flock it!

As always...xx.DT

Comments

  1. If you have a flocked tree, you better make sure you don't have to move it - except to take it down. Such a mess!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I saw flocked trees that I liked were in Paris over the Thnaksgiving holiday, maybe twelve or so years ago. It gave me an entirely new appreciation for them. Oddly though, the French had them in all sorts of pastel colors, pink, yellow, blue. I much prefer them in white (only).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts