A WINDOW SEAT? YES PLEASE!

Why is it we always seem to gravitate towards a window seat?  Is it an inherent physical need for sunlight?  I believe it is because they are so stinking cute! A window seat takes us back to childhood nooks and crannies...like hide and seek for grown-ups.
Many people without the "creative gene" think..."there is no bay window so I can't do a window seat."  NOT SO QUICK!  It is so easy to create a window seat almost anywhere in an any room.  There is one requirement...a window...or maybe not! 
 How can I do this DT?  Easy...built-ins, a good carpenter, and a great soft furnishings workroom (right Ralph Townes)?  I love them in a kitchen, a playroom, a bedroom, a dining space, certainly a reading room (library to those of you who can devote a room to books), and even a bathroom!

  I thought today I would show you some of my favs from my Pinterest boards.  FYI...my latest renovation collaboration will feature a window seat in at least one important room.  That is all I will say for now!


Take a seat by the window.  Enjoy the view, read, snack, but best of all relax!

As always...xx.DT

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts