GAME DAY

It began just as most of my days...writing, doing the social media for the businesses, pulling wardrobe, my devotional, checking my day planner, and lots of Earl Grey tea throughout.  Then the DT show hits the offices on East Whitaker Mill Road in Five Points. Yesterday was no exception.  The only difference was that I had to cut my time short in order to attend the NCSU football game with my legal (in NY state) husband.  As per his usual, we left at 3:30 pm for a 6 pm kickoff in order to tailgate with a couple we have tailgated with for 14 plus years.  My inner voice kept telling me not to go....I did not listen.


Towards the end of our time in the vast lots surrounding Carter Finley Stadium one of the tailgaters behind us walked to our side and began to perform fellatio on a beer bottle. He then turned and laughed with the large group assembled behind us. My back was to him, but David looked him square in the face. I must say, I have never in our 16 years together seen him quite so angry! David is a lifetime Wolfpack Club member, and alumni, and works on campus (but is retiring at the end of October)!

David left to return our chairs and cooler to the car as I waited with our friends. That is when another fellow and his wife verbally and then physically threatened us. The wife had the presence of mind to restrain the husband. Police were called. Reports were filed. Once we were safe in the Dail Club we filed another police report. To have an officer in the Dail Club at NCSU is a rare sight. 



The moral here is that in 2014 gay bashing still exists. These people are allowed to pass their prejudice on to their children. And so it goes. Giving lip service to equal rights for all is nice and I am quilty. It's past time to push for what is right. Not just for gay rights but for HUMAN RIGHTS!

I write this in love, praying that these people and their offspring will one day have their "come to Jesus" before it is too late.

As always....xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts