serve and protect....your clients

"Service, in short, is not what you do, but who you are. It is a way of living that you need to bring to everything you do, if you are to bring it to your customer interactions."
Betsy Sanders

My mission in the decorating business and in the real estate business has and always will be to serve and protect the interest of the client. Contracts, dealing with third party vendors, protecting their money... whatever the situation, the client is always priority one.


All these people around me in this candid pic became and are clients.

This morning I am seeing a client who needs alot of assistance, hand holding, positive reinforcement that she is doing the right thing...and she is doing the right thing. Her life is about to change...for the better. She is afraid...of the money, of the debt, of the change. But in the long term she knows it is the right thing to do...so do I, and I know how to make it happen.

Also, I have a team of players that assist me in making these things happen. DT is no superman...I have far too many clients that I perform these same services for (thanks be to God). But having the right vendors in place and knowing when and how to use them is of prime importance...for outstanding customer service. You all make me look like a hero, and I thank you!


So if you want the best service available when buying and designing your home, just know that my team is here to assist...xx/DT

PS...Happy Birthday Mr. Yetter!

Comments

Popular Posts