BORING!


Sometimes I think to myself that I should make an attempt to be more like the masses.  It would please "da hubby" to no end.

 A quick story, many years ago I decided that I wanted blond streaks in my hair.  I am a true brunette.  Needless to say, I ended up with orange streaks that turned more orange with each shampoo.  The next day we took off for a road trip through West Virginia and Ohio.  People in the hotels were holding their children behind them in fear.  Da Hubby asked me to wear a cap!  From now on I let Jesus do my hair color.

The point is you only have one life...so experiment, have fun, go for it (whatever IT is), and most importantly, be yourself.

When I first got into the real estate business, a very foolish (but well intended) woman in administration tried to tell ME how to dress appropriately.  I had an apology within an hour from senior management (they like to be called "leadership").  Now I am one of their top agents....and wear what I like daily to the office.

Boring makes you blend in...so be yourself and stick out.  You will find that most people will respond better to the REAL you than the FAKE you.

xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts