Living large


Why not have a BIG LIFE?  To some a big life means retirement and spending time doing activities that give them great pleasure.  Golf, tennis, bridge, volunteer work, grandchildren, even gardening are some pursuits  my friends are doing or aspire to do when they retire.  For me, I hope I never have to retire!  A big life for me is running my real estate firm until I drop over my laptop searching for the prefect new home for a client or running the latest stats for a seller.

I come from a long line of family that did not believe in the concept of retirement.  I think it is because we all have too much nervous energy not have a place to go everyday.  This does not mean we do not take a vacation now and then, but not too many!  Growing up we always had something to do.  Our housekeeper (Pip) never let us sit around in front of a TV, and my mother was a liberated woman that opened her own business in the 60's (but never burned her bra)!

Whatever your idea of a BIG LIFE may be I encourage you to start it now.  Why wait?  The sooner the better is what I say.  Who knows what you might accomplish?  Stop dreaming and start doing was what I was always told....it works.

xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts