Pay it forward...at Christmas!

Here is comes...Christmas!  At least that is what we refer to this holiday.   I have many friends of varied faiths, but the one thing we can all agree on is that this is a special time of the year.  Of course there are all the parties, and then more parties, far too much food and beverage, and the occasional gift item or two.



This year we told my family (yesterday actually) that we were taking the funds we would typically spend on them and spend them on needy children and various charities in their names.  I wish you could have seen the blank expressions on the faces of a few of them!

Without a Mother or Grandmother (Mammy) and only one maiden aunt left in my family, gatherings have just not been the same.  My dear sister in law does a wonderful job trying to keep us together, but I am afraid it has become a losing battle.  The time is now for me to create new traditions, and I have chosen to pay it forward to those less fortunate.  I am not telling you this to build me up, but to make you think...is there something you can or should or could do?  I can tell you from experience it comes back to you in ways you never expected.

So grab that star off the tree at work or church, start small, and give what you can.  Perhaps all you can give is your time...at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter.

Many of you are saying...who is this guy?  I thought DT was the ultimate consumer...I still am!  You can be both...just remember where you blessings come from and pay it forward once in a while.

xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts