Preppy...yes please!

Typically it begins at birth....preppy style that is.  Mine did.  I still have a few pics from Easters past wearing saddle oxfords, navy blazer(no collar), bow tie and seersucker shorts with knee socks.  Preppy style is ingrained into our souls like religion and politics, and just as important!



 The things I love about being a true prep are:

-your clothes never really go out of style (not that you care) but become fashionable from time to time, which  you find mildly humorous.

-shopping is very easy and often can be done online...after all...you are typically just replacing things that have become too worn to be seen in public.

-we rarely throw things away...why?

-you can always add a trendy item (just one) into your daily prep uniform.  More than one seems like you are trying to hard and are not a "cradle prep".



 One of my guilty prep pleasures is my collection of Sperry's   They MUST be Sperry!   I have about 60 pairs and wear them almost daily.  I had a client once tell me that I was the only Broker he ever met that sold million dollar homes in tennis shoes.  I hated to tell him I had a closet full of Gucci for formal occasions.

Now...the sweater wrap.  A prep mainstay, but the masses just do not understand.  I personally don't give a rat's behind what others think...sometimes you just need a wrap!  Either for a jolt of color or just warmth, a wrap is a preppy mainstay.  It goes over anything at any time of year.  Remember...pride does not get hot or cold...neither does a true prep.


This brings me to FU pants...or what my Mother called your "go to Hell" pants.  Enough said.


Eyewear is almost always tortoise and round.  Geek chic be damned...we have been doing this forever!



Prep style is not for everyone (thank goodness)!  But if you think you should give it a try do your homework.  There is nothing worse than a faux prep!  Back in the 80"s my nickname was traddy daddy...now they just call me that old preppy guy!  Long live the prep...timeless in every way.



xx/DT

Comments

Popular Posts