Social media...the new newspaper

I am old school.  I read the paper...yes, a real paper with printed words on newsprint every day of my life.  I realize that I am a relic....a throwback.  The flip side of that is I often get my "breaking news" from social media.  Facebook, Twitter and anything else I run across as I sit daily in front of this laptop keeps me in the loop.


Sadly, my generation may be the last to know what it is like to hold a real newspaper.  Plus, newspapers have so many uses once you have finished reading them!  It is rather difficult to line the garbage can with your tablet or smart phone.

So I encourage all you youngsters...Gen whatever...go buy a paper and experience the joy of actually holding the written word in your hands.  Once you develop the habit you may become like me...waiting at the front door for the paper carrier every morning!

Read!  xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts