Tis the season...to sell!

So many people ask me "should I wait until the spring to sell?"  Frankly, if you just don't want buyers and agents in your home over the holidays the answer is yes.  On the other hand, over the past few years we have seen a shift from seasonal markets....that is a spring season and a fall season.  Reason being (in my opinion), we have so much influx of population into this area of North Carolina (the Triangle) that we have not experienced the typical seasonal slowdown of other markets.


So if you ask me when should I put my house on the market my answer will be...when do you want to sell it and what is your motivation.  We only see very serious buyers and investors in the markets in December as a rule.  These folks either need to place money before year end or need a place to live quick!

The flip side is this....if you don't have to sell now then wait.  There is nothing more inconvenient that buyers calling for an appointment while you are getting ready to have your annual holiday party!  We will be ready and willing to list you in the spring, so have a peaceful holiday and see you in January!

xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts