The calm before the storm

A few days ago I had lunch with a co-worker.  We had not had a real conversion in quite a while.  During the course of our lunch she remarked at how calm my tone was in relation to our discussion about our workplace.  FYI...I an a broker in a large real estate office...you can imagine the daily drama!


After a recent health scare, multiple and invasive tests, and much angst it was determined by two doctors that my problems could only be stress related.  This stress could only be traced back to the office environment.  Knowing that I had to make a change in how I let forces beyond my control affect me (and my health) I have  been working on developing a new attitude.  Quiet confidence...speaking softly...tuning out negative people and influences.

I cannot say it is easy or simple, but it had to be done.  After all...if you have your health you can do anything!

Stay healthy...mentally and physically.

xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts