For the love of Cartier

There are very few material things in life that are "le must" for me.  One of mine is Cartier...especially my vintage watches.  I love the way they feel on my wrist.  I love that they are not huge and bulky the way the new ones are, but mostly I love the way they look.  An added plus is that not everyone has one just like it!


I have a vintage 1980's Santos in stainless and gold with an octagonal face...very rare.  I also have a mint condition tank (with diplomat clasp) from the 1970's that just got updated with an orange alligator band (quite by accident).  

While in the NY store to procure a new band I happened to ask if there was anything in stock that was not black or brown.  The very polite lady came back and excitedly exclaimed she had orange alligator!  It was a special order and the client never picked it up.  The best part of this tale is because the client had already been charged, I got it for a hundred bucks!  Needless to say it was my lucky day as many of you know I do love a pop of orange!

The moral to this tale is be selective, buy quality, and don't dismiss vintage.  Quality is always in style.

As always...xx.DT


Comments

Popular Posts