Mix masters...they got range

That's right...I've got range!  

 Modern....traditional...eclectic...range!  Notice I avoided the dreaded word "transitional"...which is another way of saying you have no taste and what you do have is all bad.  Sorry boo ;(

Modern...contemporary...slick...seamless...white...gray...clear...shiny.  I like this look especially in commercial venues.  In the home environment it tends to be a bit cold and lacks personality (my opinion).  This is the point actually, to remove the person and insert the concept.  Living in a concept is not for DT, but many do enjoy this type of lifestyle (if only for a brief while). I would love it for a vaca apartment in the city...hint Santa...just slick little UES studio would do!  For it to work long term and serve as more than that it needs an injection of humor,fun, and color!  I mean really?  Where would I put a pillow and a throw for watching the RHONY?




Eclectic!  A very abused term, but so appropriate for many of the best interiors I am seeing these days.   For me it is always about the mix and the skill of the mix master.  Many of the best interiors I am seeing are not done by "designers" but by tastemakers whose skills transcend the mere art of the interior.  Their homes are much more about creating a stylish life than making a statement.





Traditional.  This is where my heart lives.  This is where my I cut my teeth from an early age.  Many objects in my home today are from family.  My friends fondly refer to these as my "cherished items".  This is not to say I live in period rooms, as one must constantly "freshen up"!  No..this is about comfort, family, and respecting your own personal history.  Notice how traditional interiors always have loads of books around?





Respect what has come before and embrace the new.  Life (and style) is all about the progression.

As always...xx.DT

Comments

  1. The only thing I hate about having moved from my former home is that there are no built-in bookcases, hence, I had to get rid of over 500 books. I miss having them!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts