The Power of Orange!

A power lunch yesterday with one of my power partners at one of Raleigh's power lunch spots (I often see the Guvnah here) made me realize that I had subconsciously chosen one of the most powerful colors in the spectrum as my logo accent color.  Did I use the word power enough?


She is a very intuitive gal, and remarked that the new DT&CO. logo gets it's strength (I wanted to say power) from the color orange.  The exact shade of orange that a certain French saddle maker made famous is now my favorite accent color for marketing.  It is really grabbing folks!  The really weird thing is that it is hardly my favorite color, and up until a year ago I actually avoided orange for anything other than a box for my china.  Now my name is so connected to it that I have orange sweaters and Sperrys, and you all know I can't do anything without my Sperrys.


My friend tells me orange is so strong for marketing because it is such a saturated color.  It takes alot of doing to get the correct shade!  Da hubby asked me what was I going to do when orange was out of fashion (which I think it has had it's day frankly).  I replied that as long as it keeps the phone ringing we will worry about that another day....fiddle dee dee!



Orange you glad you read this to the end!

xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts