Dear Readers...

Dear Readers...I have missed you!  Between computer problems for several weeks with a brand new Lenovo laptop (and no I am no getting a Mac) and a hyper busy real estate market I have had little to no time to write!  This Sunday morning (6:15 am) greeted me over an hour ago with a nagging case of insomnia, so instead of tossing around I thought it would be time better spent chatting with you, my virtual friends.




OK, so let's catch up.  Bert, my new IT guy is great, but told me about a month ago to get a Lenovo because they were built like a tank.  Well...not so fast.  It seems that the model I bought has an inherent hardware issue which causes the machine to periodically lose its connection to the server (willy nilly) during the day.  Of course, this always happens at the most crucial times!  Like when you have the developer of a multi million dollar deal on the phone, a new buyer or seller, the accountant, attorney, you get the picture.  I found out on Friday it will have to be shipped back to China to be repaired.  I then decided on Friday that when and if it comes back it will be given to charity for some nice young child to do their homework on and I am buying a new machine on Black Friday!  This post is coming to you from my 3 year old HP that Bert the IT man told me was a piece of junk...which is working great!  I may as well go back to using a typewriter!  So there.


As I begin to wrap up the first year of DT&CO Real Estate and begin DT&CO Design and Development, I can only say thank you.  I am humbled by the success of the real estate firm, and can only hope and pray that all my wonderful former design clients and great new ones will enjoy the fabulous new space that is in the process of being creating for them.  The goal is that it will be a place that they will feel free to experiment with new ideas,see old favorites,play with new combinations,and be a place of discovery and wonder.  A tall order, but I know that the team I have assembled can do this!  It will be very exciting!


In the midst of all this I am involved in my own first "flip" with a great partner, which really turned out to be a "to the foundation" rebuild.  Only a few walls and a part of the original foundation were saved.  Saving grace...my general contractor is a fine arts major from UNC...what an eye for good design.  We typically answer each others sentences.  Yes...it's kinda scary sometimes!


This week I will be cooking for 10 on Thursday.  This is my new tradition for the past 12 or so years.  Many of you know that Mother has now been gone from us 15 years this month.  I do my best to get through Thanksgiving and then I try to skip over the rest.  Da hubby and I do our church things and the rest of it means very little.  We both avoid all the sappy songs, movies, and anything that may prompt a tear.  It's all about charity, giving, and worship for us.  Admittedly it is our way of removing the emotion.  You do what you have to do.


One more and I am done.  Da hubby and I finally made it legal...in New York State!  We were in Manhattan (my adopted second home) and we cabbed it down to the marriage license bureau.  Once that was obtained after a 3 hour wait we walked across the street and were legally wed in the private chambers of Federal Court Judge Tingling, who just happened to be a NC native!  Small world.  Of course, I had to stop the ceremony to give him a card.  He wants to retire in the Triangle!

As always...xx.DT

Comments

  1. Congratulations! I hope you can sell that judge a home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts