Friday is the New Black?

What retailer coined the term Black Friday?  I can think of nothing worse than to call the beginning of what  we are told by all the TV commercials is the hap, happiest timmmmmme of the year!  Hmmm...Madison Avenue.


A few years back I personally (with the urging of da hubby) decided to boycott all holiday shopping.  Yep.  Last year we broke our own rules to do an Angel Tree project for the church, but this year they are offering the "Target gift card" option.  We took the option!  Let the kids have fun choosing their own loot as opposed to two fifty plus year old gay men!  I mean really...who were we kidding?

Black Friday.  My sister-in-law spends the entire afternoon on Thanksgiving Day with all the sale papers gathered from the east coast planning her route.  No joke.  After her turkey nap wears off she is wide awake at midnight, dressed and ready with her BMW sleigh gassed up for yet another buying excursion.  I would advise you NOT to get in her way....she is a very determined gal!


As is my norm, in the event I find I MUST have a hostess gift or a trinket to give, I just head to my handy stash that I collect all year.  Let me give a big shout out to One Kings Lane for the wonderful boxes that arrive all year that keep the stash supplied, as well as my personal shopper at Tiffany and Co. in NY.  

I hear the malls have been festooned for weeks with holiday tunes blaring. One of my Realtors has already had his kids picturs taken with Santa.  

I am just so confused...perhaps I need to increase my meds this time of year?   Just be happy!  

As always....xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts