A Long Overdue Thank You Note!

I first took the plunge into the world of social media on December 1st of 2008 by opening a Facebook account.  Having absolutely no idea what to do with this new found method of communication, I just jumped in head first.  Actually, it was more of a belly flop!  Fast forward to the present day.  I have a blog (obvi), 7400k followers on Pinterest, 5 Facebook pages, over 1k followers on my group page "Just ask DT", two Twitter accounts, and now Instagram!  This does not include the new website that will include all media, the real estate business, the design business, and introduce E-commerce to the mix. 

Recently we had a little soiree.  I would be remiss without extending a special thank you to a few special people who made quite an effort to wish me well.

Ms. Edith (Former Rep. Edith Warren) and Mary Agnes Rose drove several hours to wish me well. Ms. Edith and mother were special friends.  I will be seeing Mary Agnes' daughter Lisa in a few weeks in Georgetown SC when traveling to Charleston!  She is a hoot just like her mother and just as beautiful!


Janey Ferguson (formerly of Knoxville) and Cathy Tolbert Mitchum (formerly of Lenoir, NC) both drove from Greenville NC...a three hour round trip.  In another life I made couture wool jersey clothing for Janey.  She told me she still has one piece in the attic of the manse!


Janey with Jennifer Boles



Cathy with Jennifer Boles


 Sarah Boone of Raleigh (far right) reminds me so much of my departed mother that occasionally I have to look away from her.  She is a very dear lady...and I use that term VERY carefully these days.


Left to right:  New friend Lee Turner, dear friend and DIVA of ADAC Angela Tripp Patrick (formerly of Greenville NC) from Atlanta, Peggy Dominique (formerly of Lafayette LA), and "da hubby" examining jewels...like girls are know to do!  Peggy is wearing mother's black pearls and the one cocktail dress I kept (altered extensively).

And last but not least, the one who made this "homecoming" possible. My newest BFF...Jennifer Boles...who is one of the dearest, kindest, sharpest, and most thoughtful young ladies it has been my pleasure to meet in many years.  As mother would say...good home training.  I love a smart yet well mannered lady!


That is why I want to take this opportunity to say THANKS! to all of you that follow my daily ramblings, foolish banter, ups and downs, and musings on what I consider to be "the proper way to do things" (or if you will) "what Mama said".

Thanks to all of you...my virtual family.

As always....xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts