Wallpaper....Revisited

While going over the stats of this blog (I love stats), I found the post "For the Love of Wallpaper ranked #3 of all time.  "Of all time" started around January of 2010.  Today I am seeing my sales rep for my "go-to" lines of wallpaper plus one of my new favorites....Brunschwig et Fils and Farrow and Ball.  I have also used Boussac many times, Cowtan and Tout, and just about every line of grasscloth out there.  The thing with grasscloth is as long as the texture and color are right it really makes no difference whose name is on the back of the roll.  It even comes printed now!



 De Gournay is my creme de la creme for the most discriminating clients, but even then we can purchase a few panels, have them framed simply, and make a grand statement.  Wallpaper as art!  The last pic is the temporary De Gournay showing at the @homewithdt showroom.  Many thanks to Angela Patrick, Ainsworth Noah, and the folks at De Gournay!




Many times I will be asked, "is wallpaper back"? My reply is always the same.  "Good wallpaper will always be good wallpaper, cheap wallpaper will always be just that...cheap".  I think that about sums it up.  Most of the time I get a knowing look. On occasion I will get a raised eyebrow.  Please understand this is not meant as offensive. 


There is nothing better that lovely wallpaper.  I can always tell good wallpaper by the smell when it comes out of the box.  It is a smell I cannot describe, but once you smell it you will never forget it...like a new car.



So yes...wallpaper is here to stay...and always has been.  Above are two classic patterns from Brunschwig.

As always...xx.DT


Comments

  1. Is the green one malachite Fornasetti by Coles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one pictured on the wall is (I am almost sure). The closeup shot is not...it is knock-off version from Anthropologie.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts