A Quick Trip...to Charleston!

Some of you may remember my post about the barn wedding.  Well...my one and only niece is actually getting married in a very old proper Episcopal church in downtown Charleston, but the reception is in a "barn" on one of those plantations. They seem to have everywhere down there!
The bride and groom.
She wants all lace!
And the one request request was chandelier earrings.
I want peonies!

This weekend will be my first trip to Charleston in 13 years!  I stopped going when King St. became a mall.  Who expects to see a Saks, Banana Republic and such amid the storied history of Charleston?  Anyway...we are off to do some dress shopping.  

As I am the uncle with the 7th Ave experience (another life, another blog), yours truly has been called into service to give expert opinion on matters of style, appropriateness, and proper fit.  The only thing that concerns me is the entourage.  I have been watching some of those TV shows in an effort to know what I could expect.  Hopefully reality TV is not based on reality!
Party favors!
Centerpieces...simple and chic!

All in all it promises to be a fun weekend filled with old friends, the few members of the family that still speak to me (also another blog), and good food and company.

I love individual beverages!  This is just too cute!

May phase one of the "barn wedding" begin!  Watch for updates on my Instagram page...dannytaylorandco

As always...xx.DT

Comments

Popular Posts